Founded in 2016, the Handcrafted Bath & Body Guild, a Canadian federally incorporated Not-for-Profit, is the professional organization representing bath and body handcrafters.
Our aim is to provide support and education to the handcrafted bath and body industry, assist its members in building successful businesses, act as a voice for Health Canada legislation, and serve as a resource for both members and the public.
We are Canada’s Guild for Bath and Body Handcrafters from casual to professional.
To unite Professional Bath & Body Handcrafters across Canada and to advance knowledge and professionalism in the industry, so the public is able to locate and purchase bath and body products they can be confident are well made and safe. To give Casual Crafters a place they feel welcome to have a community and learn from.
The Core Values of Professionalism include:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Compassion and Empathy
- Dedication and Self-improvement
Creativity & Originality
HP said it best in their 1999 Annual Report “tools of the garage”:
Believe you can change the world.Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever.Know when to work alone and when to work together.Share — tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.No politics. No bureaucracy. (These are ridiculous in a garage.)The customer defines a job well done.Radical ideas are not bad ideas.Invent different ways of working.Make a contribution every day. If it doesn’t contribute, it doesn’t leave the garage.Believe that together we can do anything.Invent.
- To provide resources for handcrafters to learn more about their craft
- To provide resources for business members to learn more about Health Canada and other regulations that may affect them
- To assist business members in building their business through education
- To provide vendors a resource to connect their businesses with those who can use them